Today is the tenth day of the blog challenge that I have been doing which means that I am one third of the way through. This is both scary and exciting. I’m so happy at my progress.
To celebrate ten days down, I’d like to share with you the ten things that I love, in no particular order.
1. Books. From fantasy to romance, if you know me at all, you know that these are two of my favorite genres. Books take me to a different world and transport me into a new setting, providing escape and great joy.
2. Choirs. I have had the privilege of singing in several choirs. There is something really special about people coming together for a shared purpose as they let their voices soar in harmony.
3. Found family. Both the trope and the found family that I have put together here, or rather, the ones who have found me. I love my biological family and am so thankful for the ones who have called me and allowed me to be a part of their lives.
4. Music. From country to Christian, New age to R&B, I love many musical styles and all of them hold a special place in my heart.
5. Food that I don’t have to cook. I’m not the world’s greatest cook by a longshot and the running joke is that I need to one day marry a chef.
6. Games. From adventure games to anagrams, interactive choose your adventure to text-based MUDS, I have always enjoyed games even if I am not the best at them.
7. Writing. I enjoy role-playing and have done so for years. The art of creating characters and building worlds is very fun for me. Working on small scenes and vignettes make me happy. I also couldn’t talk about writing without mentioning this blog challenge which is stretching me in a bunch of ways.
8. Karaoke. As soon as social distancing is relaxed, I’m going to be out there at a karaoke bar somewhere singing my heart out. There is a special community which forms when so many people come together to sing their favorite songs.
9. Nature sounds. You can ask almost anyone and they will tell you that I love the sounds of nature, but I just don’t like to be out in it if there are bugs. I love the sound of ocean waves, rain, and thunder.
10. Fruity alcoholic drinks. If it’s got a pineapple, a different tropical fruit, or whipped cream on top, then it’s going to be mine all mine. I love fruity drinks, especially the ones that don’t taste entirely like alcohol.
Those are my ten things in no order and I could easily come up with another ten.
What are yours?